Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Guinea Pig Husband

Today I'm trying a new spin on the hamburger. I've made burgers before but always had the issue of the edges falling apart or even the whole thing splitting in half!
This time I added an egg into the ground beef. Fingers crossed that'll glue them together. I sneaked in some grated carrots in there too. What Andy doesn't know won't kill him, right? A little bit of salt, pepper, cumin, and soy sauce then you're finished. 
I'm not a fan off stuffed burgers but hey, why not try jalapeño popper burgers? They sound good. I diced up 3 jalapeños from our garden. Mixed those in with Greek yogurt cream cheese and shredded cheddar. 
Assembling was like making little beef pies. Sorry there are no pictures, but I did not want to touch my phone with beefy hands. Cooked the patties in a pan then had to keep them in the oven until the hubby got home. 
I'm a fan of baking bacon! Easy, no oil splashing on skin, and a easy peasy clean up.
I used up the last tomatoes from the garden. 
The end product was GOOD! Enjoyed by the people, drooled over by the dogs. 
It's def. not the fanciest of photos. But it beats going to a fast food joint! 

No comments:

Post a Comment