Search This Blog

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Cauliflower instead of fries?

Now I like potatoes as much as any fast food lover out there. But sometimes I like to feel good about myself and the choices I make about what I eat. 
Could this recipe I saw online be true? That roasted cauliflower be just as tasty as French fries! I had to find out. I've done the mashed, no puréed, version of cauliflower. It was okay, nothing amazing, and slightly lacking it the texture of mashed potato department. With a few modifications I bet it'll be perfect. 
Back to the roasted cauliflower. Go ahead and chop those little bitty albino trees to its itty bitty pieces. Bite size pieces is what to aim for. Toss them in olive or whatever oil you have on hand and salt. To be a little flavorful I tossed in garlic powder and Parmesan. Next, bake them till they are golden brown.  I did 375 for about an hour. 

Sorry for the not great photo. These were yummy! The crispier they get, the more they're like fries! 


No comments:

Post a Comment